http://www.neckdiagrams.com/download

Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE SOHO COBRAS have a new singer

We've been out of action for a while. We tried playing live a few times with me on vocals and guitar which was not great, and Dave had a go (which we just don't talk about. EVER) but after a test run on acoustic and then rehearsal today, I'm glad to anounce that we have a new singer.

I can finally breathe a huge sigh of relief because I hated mutil-tasking and to be honest... I'm just not very good at singing anyway so I really didn't want have to do it myself. More inportantly though I think even if I had been better, I always felt we lost something performance wise having the singer trapped being a microphone. There's just no running around when you sing and play guitar at the same time.

I guess we'll be rehearsing for a month or so, then booking shows again which I am really looking forward to. It's just been too long since I got to play guitar behind my head in front of a room full of strangers! :-)

So I'm very pleased to welcome Charlie Thaine to THE SOHO COBRAS







I can't wait to be playing live again, so watch this space for gigs.