http://www.neckdiagrams.com/download

Monday, February 15, 2010

"Eugine's Trick Bag" Cover on youtube...


I've had the day off today so I've been playing with my new video camera...

I've finally posted some video on youtube, the first of lots more to come. For now all I've got is a quick cover of the solo "Eugine's Trick Bag," the finale solo from the 1986 film "Crossroads" which stared Steve Vai as the devil's axe man,  Jack butler. Anyhow at the end the Karate kid plays this to defeat Mr Butler in a guitar duel and save his soul.

All good wholesome fun, except I've been trying to play it for 4 years!

I learned it note for note about 4 years ago but I've only really been working at getting it up to speed for the last year or so, but I'm finally getting there. Not "there" enough to play it live, or standing up, but "there" enough to video myself playing it in the comfort of my own home and make strangers watch it on the internet.

So here it is me having a go at "Eugine's Trick Bag."